TERMS & CONDITIONS
Lanes was bought in 1990 by the Managing Director, Wayne Yorath. In 1997 the company was relocated to our current custom designed premises on the Pysons Road Business Park, Broadstairs. Since acquiring the company substantial investments in equipment, including a new 4 colour B1 KBA press in 2015 with autoplate and CTP, to accompany the Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 and Hans Gronhi 52. Embracing new technology means our printing is highly economical and time efficient whilst still being of extremely high quality.
We believe in investing in new technology in order to provide the best quality. We look to continuously improve our facilities and the product we supply, investments in computer-to-plate technology improves the resolution and auto plate on presses improves efficiency and turn around times.
We believe our expert and conscientious staff mixed with our modern and technical equipment give us the advantage over competitors in supplying a superior product. We also achieved the ISO 9001 Certification for quality.
We believe that service is as important as quality. Our dedicated and friendly team understand the importance of deadlines, responsiveness to emails and flexibility in the way we work. Please let us know if there are any specialist packaging requirements necessary and we will happily oblige. We welcome all feedback and suggestions to improve our service.
We believe it is important to act responsibly and minimise the effect we have on the environment. Lanes Printers have achieved ISO 14001 certification and are a member of an FSC® certified group (FSC-C004309), and have the authority to print the FSC logo on your print where required. For each of the products in which you see the logo, we use FSC certified paper sourced from well managed forests. FSC paper is an environmentally friendly alternative to recycled paper. Being environmentally aware, we opted to be part of a pilot scheme in the 1990’s and were one of the first UK printers to use film free plates; eliminating the chemical waste. All waste, paper and rags are recycled, along with liquid waste.
Lanes has been established in East Kent as a quality printing house for more than a hundred years. The original company was founded in Faversham some time before 1897 by Mr S.Goodfellow, who soon sold his business to our founder, Mr Gerald Lane. The company expanded rapidly and by 1912 there were additional branches in Herne Bay, Coulsdon and Broadstairs. During the following years, the branches were merged and became one independent business.
The Broadstairs company originally had a printing works in Thanet Road and a shop in the High Street. During the Second World War, when Broadstairs was largely evacuated, Lanes 'soldiered on' in company with some of the Banks and even provided consumer goods from its shop for the embattled survivors.